Monday, November 2, 2015

So did I tell you I won this year?

For the past few years, two fabulous bloggers have hosted an on-line quilt challenge inspired by the Pantone Color of the Year.  2015 was the year of Marsala.  It's kind of a deep wine with some brown elements.   http://www.pantone.com/color-of-the-year 

It wasn't a color I've used before but my competitive spirit didn't let that get in the way.  I purchased a nice variety of solids (Kona Cotton, Michael Miller Cotton Couture, Oakshott Cottons) and started laying them out.  I had a simple design in mind but kept feeling like it needed a shot in the arm of color.  After auditioning TONS of options...  I landed on Kaffe Fassett Stripes.  The perfect compliment.


I loved the texture of the marsala blocks and the brightness the stripes added.  My quilting was fairly simple but dense on the marsala parts - just linear bits on the stripes.  Of course, I had to make sure Ping approved...  She did - and then I felt satisfied. 

 Anne Sullivan, @playcrafts on IG and Adrianne ,http://www.onthewindyside.co.nz and @adrianneonthewindyside on IG, are the lovely ladies that host the event.  Check them out on their websites /IG - they are extremely talented and equally as inspiring.  

The past colors were Emerald Green (my all time favorite), Radiant Orchid, and Tangerine.  The new color of the year is announced in December.  I can hardly wait....




3 comments:

  1. This quilt is so rich and gorgeous! Love the stripes with the berry/wine hues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee. It was rewarding to see it all finished.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic quilt! Congrats on your win1

    ReplyDelete