Sunday, November 8, 2015

Quilty mojo - found again!






What to do, what to do....   I needed to get my Michael Miller Glitz Fabric Challenge in gear as the deadline looms.  I've been mulling it over for awhile and decided I loved the "Improv Under the Influence" designed by Krista Hennebury aka  PoppyPrint  (http://poppyprintcreates.blogspot.com/2013/10/improv-under-influence-bloggers-quilt.html  ).  I'm a fan of improv and this design looked like fun to make and so I jumped in.

Here's the link to Krista's quilt:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bluecottage/10494834313/

So it begins....


And then there was cutting....  (I added splashy colors...)


And some sewing and ironing.....



And then it started coming together.  



Movies played while working on this : Moonstruck ( one of my favorites, haven't watched in a long time) and Possession.  Clearly these were good choices as my quilting mojo was in full bloom.  I love how this has turned out.  Got my top done - will be quilting it this week.  















6 comments:

  1. Now that is fun! Love the improv and the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!. I'm looking forward to quilting this one.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done! Love the brights with the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun with this, that's what counts. But it turned out well, too, so that's good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your top looks beautiful and I love your sewing setup!!

    ReplyDelete