Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Deadlines make wonderful catalysts....

I've got a couple of looming deadlines for quilting in front of me.  Why is it I need the pressure of "the deadline" to find my creativity?


To go from this pile of ..."jambalaya"' to a quilt?    My process needs some pressure to make it congeal.



I had some ideas (and put some pressure on myself) and got down to business.  


My process is not always a straight arrow.  I was going in a direction....but then I veered off on another path...   We'll see how that turns out....

I'm linking up with Lee for her Work in Progress Wednesday -over at FreshlyPieced blog - check her out.  She's a fantastic quilter!  http://www.freshlypieced.com/2015/11/wip-wednesday-show-me-what-you-got.html

If you have a chance, check out  Crumb-plosion....Click to visit   I love her design!!      Also, check this link out.  A very humbling story and a beautiful memory.   http://www.quiltsofafeather.com/2015/11/in-memory-of-jessica-quilting-shadows.html





11 comments:

  1. I love the preview in the second photo - can't wait to see the entire quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Grey Cat. I'm getting pretty excited about how it's turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what all that pressure inspires you to do. Love all the bright colors in your second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really interesting ! I look forward to seeing this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so intrigued by your in progress photo. Can't wait to see the finished project...and learn how you did those beautiful circles in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison. I'll be posting about how I did it in the next week or so. I worried that it was going to be really hard - but the method I used actually turned out to make it VERY easy and close to perfectly round.

      Delete
  6. Thanks Jennifer, Sophie, and Allison. I'll be posting how I made the circles in the next few days. And....I'm almost ready to show my quilt top...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deadlines are very useful things! I find I do my best work under pressure - rather like a pressure cooker...

    Whoop whoop for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are- and I am in that same pot with you...need the pressure cooker!

      Delete
  8. So curious how these lovely circles will end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost ready to post it.... and I will blog about how I made the circles, too. It's an easy method and they turn out really round.

      Delete