Monday, March 19, 2018

The colors of an Australian Boulder Opal



These colors have always been my favorites.  My very favorite is green but purple, turquoise, and blues follow.  I think this photo is mesmerizing in the way the colors just melt from one to the next.  I am working on a project using my selection of colors from PBStudio fabrics.  My color group is called Heirloom Opal and I hope you'll see my vision.





I wanted to be able to capture the sparkle so I'm working in small pieces.  I've grown very fond of large HST's and such but I know the tiny tedious quarter square triangles and three quarter triangles will be the way to accomplish my goal.



This was one of my renditions but I've changed it since then and I'm much happier.  Follow me for the next few days as I create my Heirloom Opal design.....

Also - tomorrow (Tuesday, 3/20) is my turn at the Mad For Solids contest.  Check it out here and join in on the fun!!  And don't forget to vote for your favorite each day!


                                                       What are your favorite colors?
Happy St. Patty's Day!  I loved all the green!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Blogger!

    Happy to hear this from you. You wrote amazing things that is very knowledgeable.
    Could you please help me out? Where can I purchase
    Wholesale chakra Jewelry? .
    Looking for online Wholesale silver gemstone Jewelry supplies
    or searching terms like Silver gemstone rings,
    silver gemstone earrings, wholesale silver gemstone bracelets,
    Yoga jewelry or new age jewelry are ways to find and buy chakra jewelry. But visiting a new age site is also a likely
    source and may offer a fun and exciting experience for any shopper.
    Hope you will help me out. Keep uploading good content. It�s very helpful for me

    ReplyDelete