Monday, March 26, 2018

Drum roll please..... Introducing.... Felicia


Felicia (not the cat - that would be Ping photobombing!!) joined the family last week.  A dear quilting friend sold me her "extra" Featherweight...  She had four.  Let me back up here...  

I was at my quilting gang's annual retreat and one of them mentioned she was thinking about selling a couple of sewing machines.  I didn't think much about that - I own 4 sewing machines myself but when she started telling us the story about how her family members had these Featherweights and as they got older or passed - the younger members didn't sew, etc., etc., .....my spider senses were on DEF CON 5......  So then she says the magic words...  I think I'm interested in selling two of them.   Simultaneously-me and another in my gang YELLED OUT - "I want one!!!".  I think two people fell out of their sewing chairs from the abrupt yelling and commotion....

She was definitely surprised and said if we were interested (my gosh - did I need to yell it any louder?) that she would bring them to our retreat house the next day.  So she did.  And just like that - she sold two machines.  

I chose the name Felicia because she'll be my retreat / class machine.  So, she'll be traveling.  And you know what people always are saying...   Bye, Felicia.  Only when they say it to my Felicia, it will be out of love and happiness and not in sarcasm.  Cause ....there's no sarcasm in sewing (LOL).

P.S.---- oh my there are so many things out on the internet about these machines.  And I've been in full learning mode.  It's been SO much fun.  She sews like a dream.  She's in EXCELLENT condition - I am so lucky and honored.  
Ping was so jealous - she had to photo bomb Felicia AGAIN!!


Ignore that my thread isn't threaded correctly here - just wanted a shot of the fabulous stitching.




And - in other news....  Heirloom Opal Bracelet is coming along nicely.  She's under the machine right now - waiting for me to return and finish my quilting.
Sorry for the poor lighting - the flying geese are shades of silver grey and the purple is more warm than cold

This color is closer to the real shade.

Slowly coming along with my quilting.  Using Aurifil 40 wt (didn't have any 28 wt in this color)

It will be a wall hanging - probably around 36 x 22 or so.  I plan on very heavy quilting.  The colors of fabric are beautiful - all Paintbrush Studio solids (Painters Palette Solids).  I got my fabric from Pineapple Fabrics.  They have all the colors and are a great enabler for most of your quilting needs...

You can find them here:

Pineapple Fabrics



If you'd like to know what colors I used they are:

016 - Pale Silver
104 - Aluminum
080 - Amethyst
008 -  Royal
025 -  River
100 -  Aruba
098 - Cyan
072 - Honeydew
076 - Apple Green
093 - Android



Check out @pbstudio for the Mad for Solids contest each day.  I won my last bracket and I think  may be back up on the contest later today.  Vote for your favorite and you'll also get a chance for free fabric!!

Happy Quilting from me and Felicia!







No comments:

Post a Comment