Tuesday, March 1, 2016

This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people.

 I'm quoting Navin Johnson (Steve Martin from the movie The Jerk) upon seeing his name in the phone book for the first time....

"Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Johnson, Navin R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now."

I'm that kind of excited!!!!  Two of my humble little quilts were accepted in the MQX Quilt Festival in New Hampshire!!!  I am beyond thrilled to have been accepted.  While I don't think I'll make it personally to the show...  If any of you attend - snap a selfie with one of my quilts and share it.  I'd love to see you (and my quilts)!



Quilt Death Star...
Detail shot of  Quilt Death Star

A shot of the sassy binding...



My second quilt is one I finished earlier in 2015.  Our Modern Guild held a challenge to take a traditional block and make it modern.  I chose to alter location of color, use modern color, and lots of negative space quilting.  It's a wall hanging size (26.5" x 26.5")





I just free motioned the corner block quilting.  It's a tad wonky but overall I think it worked with the theme.

Have you ever entered a show?  Here's words of wisdom for you.  You'll never get accepted if you don't enter.  Just try!!  I can't believe I got in- and I'm going to relish it!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment