Monday, March 7, 2016

Finish line on Urban Planning!!! and a Lobstah update...

 And there it is.  Quilted, face binded, and hung up for photos.  I am thrilled with how it has turned out.  Colorful, happy, and very, very textured.


I used Aurifil thread for the most part - 28 weight.  I love the detail that provides.

I got pretty good at the pebbles technique.  I use a Sweet 16 sit down Handiquilter for my quilting but no rulers.  All of my straight lines....are not that straight but I like the organic look.

I used straight lines on the streets, pebbles in the green areas, kind of loopy zigzags on the concrete areas, and straight lines on the buildings.  



My circles (I think they are parks in Ostermalm) weren't perfect....after all the quilting they kind of got a little wonky but still, overall, I am pleased with them.

Feels good to be finished.  Looking forward to my next Virginia Beach Modern Quilt Guild Meeting to get some quilt love on this one!

What have you finished lately?

And a p.s.   The Lobstah is quilting up very nicely....

Tons of matchstick quilting to hold that lobster down...

I'm linking up this week with all the Linky parties listed in my sidebar.  I just found a new one - Stitch ALL the Things...  Check it out!




















10 comments:

  1. Wow! LOVE the quilting on both quilts! One day I'm going to do an entire quilt with straight lines, yep, one day.. Your guild members are sure to give you lots and lots of love! Thanks for sharing these on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! My quilt bestie, Mary Menzer (Fairly Merry) is a whiz at that kind of quilting and I attempted it after drooling over her work. It's not hard but you will learn patience...it's VERY slow going. :)

      Delete
  2. Urban Planning is gorgeous! Congratulations on a fabulous finish! I like all the different quilting designs you used. The quilting is progressing well on the lobster quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shasta,

      Thank you for the very kind words! I love checking the box on finishing a quilt - so this weekend was good for me. I admire quilts with a lot of quilting...so I've been trying to emulate that work.

      Delete
  3. Your quilt... absolutely amazing! I can't stop looking at it! Fantastic work with the quilting. I really like the organic lines too. The whole thing is just... WOW! And the Lobstah quilt is awesome!! Such spectacular work! Thanks for linking up and sharing it too, I really appreciate you stopping by! -Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine,

      You're too kind! Thank you so much! I'm enjoying the process on both.

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a lot of hard work, both quilts are amazing with some stunning quilting, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Hard work, yes, but a labor of love.

      Delete
  5. What stunning quilts. Your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy,

      Thank you very much. I've been excited as I made these...to see them to completion. No UFO's here!

      Delete