Sunday, May 1, 2016

And we now return to normally scheduled programming


A wise man I once worked for always use to say "If you have something important to say - please start at the end".  So more about this quilt as you read through today....




Quilting was temporarily put on hold for a couple of weeks for some home updates.  The fruits of my labor:



The Before of these two rooms




The After!!
Actually, the doors and jambs are still in the stain color.  I have to have a special "door painting" day to finish those.  I'm TERRIBLE at remembering to take a good "before" photo.  The room with the cabinets is my laundry room.  The walls were a stark white and I painted them the pale turquoise the week before.  Again...should have remembered to take the before photo....



And I did this...  Transformed these two Goodwill treasures into....

They were $15 each!!!



Lots of spray paint and some cushions from Target and WHAM!!!    Gorgeous sliders for my screened in porch.  

After all that great home updating...I got down to some quilting.  You may remember my Tulip Fields:










One of the many inspiration photos.


Work in progress


And then it became....




But it still wasn't right....

So I made a few more changes....



I like this.... so then it was quilting time....

Quilting didn't go too fast as I got harassed by Ping, a lot...

Who can resist this furry beast!!



Lots and lots of quilting





And then face binding (Thank you Mary Menzer Designs for the excellent  tutorial on Face Binding   Face Binding Tutorial   )



And then finally here it is.  It makes me smile.  I hope to see the fields in person one day.





What have you made lately that makes you smile?

I'll be linking up to some GREAT links parties - check out the bar to the right for the links each day.







3 comments:

  1. What happy pretty colors. I love it! So glad you shared on Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tulip fields; an accurate representation of the real thing. Incidentally, the Dutch bulb fields are at their best at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived for seven years in Skagit Valley, WA, where the tulip fields grow like that, with snow covered mountains in the distance. I'll send you some photos. You really captured the color and patterns of the fields.

    ReplyDelete