Friday, December 4, 2015

Emergency quilt - please excuse the poor photography...

 Thanking you in advance for your understanding...  Some dear friends of ours were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary and my DH asked me if I wanted to make them a quilt.  I was thrilled to do that for them.  I didn't realize it had to be done in 2 days.






That's supposed to look like a ruby...

So off to the sweat shop I went and cranked this one out.  I was proud of the end result and was able to put some really nice free motion quilting in the negative spaces.

I've said before...I do well under pressure.


The Mrs. loves a fall color palette so I chose that center block as my inspiration for the design.



Of course, we were not without some controversy...





But I persevered and it came out lovely.


Have faith in yourselves....you'd be amazed what you can do when you absolutely - guaranteed - have to make a deadline..

It was approximately 65 x 75 inches.  Chocolate brown solid was a Kona (can't remember which color).

What was your last "had to make it crazy ASAP" quilt?

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts  and Can I get a Whoop Whoop today!





2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good for you! I could never make a quilt that quickly! It's lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I work fast but that was extreme....

      Delete