Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Time for my annual post... or "The Pillow that ate Cleveland".




My DH is always saying-please- stop laughing at your own jokes.  But I couldn't help but chuckle to see it's almost been a year since I last posted.  Sorry about that- that little thing called a job (which pays for this quilting obsession) tends to get in the way.  On to the quilting - which is what we're all here for....

Wednesday, June 28th, I'll be the guest blogger for the PaintBrush Studio Fabrics Bloghop.  I ADORE their silky smooth solids.  The colors are deep and saturated and get my creative juices flowing.  This time around we were given beautiful Red White and Blue fabrics just in time for 4th of July.... and they Went together like a harmonious soup of color.   Let's face it.  Do any of us have to be goaded that hard in to being convinced we need to see another grouping of gorgeous fabrics?   So please.  Keep coming along here....

I have had the pineapple design on my mind lately and felt like this might be a good mash up (as all the kids say now) with the colors at hand.   I love the simple design of the pineapple and it's graphically strong- so I weighed the options of making a wall hanging or pillow.  The pillow won the fight when I rummaged through my notions box and found.....Pompons!!!!!   Nothing makes a pillow more fun than some happy little pompons.

My design was simple- 2.5 inch squares or HST's.   I added a 2.5 inch border around the pineapple- and then bordered that with a strip of red and blue at 1.25 inches.   I added more white to enlarge the pillow to fit my form.  I thought I had an 18 inch pillow form but alas- imagine my surprise when all I had was a 24 inch form.  Yikes - this is like the pillow that ate Cleveland!   It's YUGE....   Its a conversation piece alright- with the conversation being- where is there left for me to fit on this chair with that big honking pillow taking up so much space?  But ....I love it πŸ’•πŸ’•❤️❤️❤️and wouldn't change a thing.

And if looking at this pillow wasn't enough fun for you- would you like to get some fabric for free????  Head over to Fabri-Quilt blog (@pbstudiofabrics) to check out how you can get some of this lovely palette of fabric. 

Uh oh.  Total tech failure Partial tech failure update.... Blogger isn't letting me add any photos to this😳😳😳😳😳😳. I'll try again shortly - sorry for the inconvenience!!! See gratuitous photos on my IG feed   @shelleybrooksquilts   until then.... 

In the meantime- check out my fellow patriotic sewists and their imaginative and inspiring Red White and Blue fabric creations:


No comments:

Post a Comment