Saturday, July 9, 2016

Sew-cial media friendships....





No quilting on quilts here this week but there was quilting business going on.  I have had the lovely pleasure of the company of friends I met via Flickr and Instagram.  Social media is a weird thing to me.  I see our culture using it to communicate vs. actually speaking to each other.  I LOVE good old fashioned flapping of the jaws and laughing WITH people....  I find it odd that so many people use it to communicate instead of face to face meeting...

My dear fried Mary Menzer (@marymenzerdesigns) hosted some friends from far away places this weekend.  I was fortunate to spend some time with them and host dinner tonight.  We had a blast.  One of the lovely ladies told me how her husband was amazed at how we would all just...meet up ...not ever having met in person before.  But I guess that's the other side of social media - the magic of social media.  I felt like I knew them without ever actually having been in the same room.  Perhaps we were in a virtual room.  Filled with fabric and thread and quilts.

My husband - Grill Master and all around good sport!



So we ate tons of food, drank delicious spirits, and got lots of exercise through laughter.  We heard stories from our husbands (mine and Mary's) about the torture and extents they have to go to while holding our quilts for photography sessions.  We giggled about silly things we've done for quilting.  We talked about bugs we've experienced in different parts of the country.  We were amazed when we got to see the BEAUTIFUL tattoo one of our friends (endured) got which was from a Tula Pink print.  Yes - she got a Tula tattoo...  This was a pretty epic party.  

It was a lovely evening and I'm so honored to call these gals my friends.  We represented both coasts and the middle of the US... I'm telling you - EPIC party!!!!  I didn't see any paparazzi but I'm sure they were there somewhere....

 If you ever have the chance - reach out - plan a trip - meet in person - make a sewcial connection!!!  

Have you met anyone recently that you've met via social media?

No comments:

Post a Comment